Monday, October 28, 2013

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/global/5770394/music-industry-margin-growth-worst-among-media-entertainment - This article in Billboard shows graphs and information on the music industry and how it has the worst growth margin within all the entertainment sectors. This article got me really thinking and only helps my thought that the music industry needs to change and if the music growth is so small then how must the artists (whom seem to be on the bottom of the totem pole) be doing and how can the see any support lately?http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/21/business/media/as-downloads-dip-music-executives-cast-a-wary-eye-on-streaming-services.html?_r=0 - This article I found from the New York Times asks many questions and seems to find that the music business is a cracked egg on the pavement with not many signs of repairing itself due to the fact that its hard to pin point exactly where the problem is although most will point to online streaming its not a for sure thing that its the problem. Either way its seems like I have my work cut out for me along with many of the others within the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment